Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thursday, April 9, 1959: Ground breaking of Patterson Dorm


Ground breaking of Patterson Dorm (it is hard to tell who this is, any Alumni pin point who it is)


Even Mrs. Hazel Davis, with her husband watching, broke some ground.


The interior of one the dorm rooms in Patterson around 1971 or 1972

Going through some the 35 mm slides I acquired I ran across some more treasures. The top two slides that were scanned are from the ground breaking of Patterson dorm on Thursday, April 9, 1959, a little over 50 years ago. Next year Patterson Dorm will celebrate 50 years since it was finished and dedicated. It is great to see all the fun that they are having during this ground breaking to replace the Inner Circle that had been decaying.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Cresanna said...

I just want to mention that the furniture pictured here was still in use when I attended PBC in 94-98. That stuff was made to last!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Corey Adams said...

Yes, it was certainly meant to last. Might not have been the most comfortable furniture, but it served its purpose. I think it was only replaced in the early 2000s a year or so before I came in the Fall of 2003.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sad you missed using the fabulous metal furniture corey.... I must say I was glad to see it go as it was the same furniture my parents used!

Emily Wilcox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home