Tuesday, April 06, 2010

A Dollar and Dream




Today in President's Chapel I spoke briefly about the history of the College and beginnings in April 1900. I mentioned about L.A. Crossan's one dollar gift, which will appear on this blog in more detail on April 10. It was a great time and I am very thankful for Dr. Pedrone for inviting me. Along with the challenge I made below the college has launched a similar campaign which you are more than welcome to donate to also. You can view it here. Now Facebook only allows for $10 or more to donated. If you would like to donate just a dollar or $5 you can use the Davis website link in that same post.

Something that I found only recently is that Mrs. L.A. Crossan that donated the dollar on April 10, 1900 died a year later. She donated all her earthly goods to the school. It is amazing to see how God can use something so small and use it for His glory and honor. 110 years after that one dollar gift God is still blessing this school.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home