Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Message from John A. Davis for the New Year

A few years ago I was going through John A. Davis' Bible in the Alumni and in the front part of the Bible was a note. Not sure if he wrote it or found it somewhere, but I thought it was a nice piece of advice for Christians in the New Year. It read:

Make it the first morning business of your life to understand some part of God's Word clearly, and your daily duty to practice it in all that you do understand.


It is great advice and wisdom not just for the New Year, but for each and every day to get into God's word and have the Holy Spirit guide us so we become more and more like our Savior Jesus Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith.

Remember Psalm 119.9-11 (though the whole chapter is wonderful when dealing with the Word of God)

How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have ought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
This New Years if you haven't gotten into God's rich Word I would encourage you to and read it each day and live it out. For as it has been said many times before, "we might be the only Bible someone may see."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home